Sunday, December 7, 2014

Don't Forget the Less Fortunate


This is the time that we are busy buying gifts for all of our family members and friends; but, don't forget the less fortunate.

We tend to forget that we have much in our lives and so do our children - don't forget those who have far less than you.  My gym, Club Fit at Jefferson Valley is collecting hats, scarves and gloves for children and yesterday I stopped and bought six hats and glove sets to donate to them.  It will make me happy that a child will be able to keep his or her hands, head and neck warm this winter.

Also while at the bookstore I bought books for the hospital which will be given to children - I so believe in reading and always encourage children to read.  And, lastly at every store that had the "Thanks & Giving" logo for St. Jude's I went ahead and donated $5.00 as I know how cancer can be so debilitating for an adult that I cannot imagine what a child goes through and would love to see this disease eradicated.

So as you go about buying for your family; don't forget those less fortunate who would love to have a gift from Santa Claus this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment