Monday, July 14, 2014

They Have Gotten Stronger



I am known for having bad ankles - I have literally sprained both ankles three times each and you cannot even my ankle bones.

On Thursday as I went to get a taxi door my foot stood on some uneven road and my right ankle literally folded to the right and then the left.  I never fell but I could feel that I had put pressure on my ankle and I saw a little bit of swelling.  It felt fine enough to walk on and I was so happy that my balance classes from last year enabled me to stand straight and not fall.

On Friday my ankle was just a bit swollen, I could see a bruise on both sides of my foot and I chose to wear shoes that had a low heel.  I was most proud that I have managed to strengthen my ankles so that I did not have a bad sprain and my ankle could still support me.

Is my ankle still tender - YES - but, I am able to exercise, walk and do my everyday activities on it without it swelling or my being uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment