Thursday, July 10, 2014

First Time


Yesterday was the first time I had ever been to the Apple store for a service.

A month ago while in Delaware and putting things in the car inadvertently I had too many things in my hand and my iPad fell onto the asphalt.  Despite being in a case the screen cracked and although it still worked I knew I would have to have it replaced.

I called the Apple store at the Westchester Mall and in Grand Central and could not get a person to speak to me.  Finally this past Monday on my way home I stopped by the store in Grand Central and made an appointment for Wednesday morning at 7:30AM.  As soon as I arrived they verified my appointment and a technician began to work with me.  We backed up all my information to the cloud and then we began the process of restoring my information on a new iPad.  It appears that when you crack the screen on your iPad Apple does not replace the screen; but, issues you a new iPad.

Just before 8AM I was all done and on my way into the office - very efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment