Thursday, January 24, 2013

Switch It Up

When you work out do you do the same thing each time?  Walk on the treadmill, hit the elliptical, lift weights or take the same class?

Realize that your body becomes complacent and learns the routine - therefore, you are not expending extra calories or getting your best workout.

You need to "switch it up" and introduce new classes, programs that utilize different muscles and has you challenge yourself.  I recently started a Kick & Define class that is comprised of kick boxing with free weights and a body bar.  After taking this class I could feel that I had worked my obliques in ways that I had not in other classes.  Next will be a ballet toning class - I know that I will feel this in my legs and tush. 

So stop being complacent and "switch it up" - you will reap the rewards.


No comments:

Post a Comment