Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Escape and Expand Your Mind

There is nothing more wonderful than to hold a book in your hands and turn the pages to see what else is going to happen.

I know that many people have e-books whether a Kindle, Nook or their iPad; but, there is nothing like turning that paper page, or marking your spot with a bookmark or peeking to see how many more pages you have to read before the chapter ends.

At a very young age my parents introduced me to books - as a teenager my favorite pastime was lying on my bed and reading a book.  I can remember reading Gone with the Wind by moonlight in 3 nights.  In fact, to punish me my parents would make me sit in the living room and converse with the rest of the family and not read.

Introduce your children and others around you to the power of books for history, for destinations and to fantasize or dream.  

It will soon be Valentine's Day and my great nephews Callum and Ryan can expect a book with their chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment