Monday, January 21, 2013

I Have A Dream

Today we celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr by having a day off.  Also all of us can state the beginning of his memorable speech, "I have a dream"; but, do you have a dream?

I could relate to Dr. King's speech - growing up I wanted to know that I had options, that I was not hindered because I was Puerto Rican or because I was a woman.  I wanted to break from the traditions of my heritage that looked at women as being a homemaker and mother; I was not opposed to it; but I wanted MORE.

I was fortunate to have a Mother who believed I could obtain that MORE.  I also knew that as a woman in obtaining the Dream I could not also have the traditional life.  

I believe that we should all have a Dream; that there is always MORE; but, also know what you may not be able to have when you decide to pursue your Dream and MORE.

Don't regret it - select the road that call you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment