Friday, January 18, 2013

Because of You





Today my Mother will have been dead for 41 years - 5 years longer than she lived.  But, I don't look at it as a day to mourn; but, to celebrate the woman she was and all that she instilled in me in the 16 and a half years that she was there for me.

I am the woman, individual, person that I am because of her.  She taught me to speak properly, to enjoy reading, to dress impeccably, to be a professional and to manage a household.  She believed in education and told me that I could be anything I wanted to be.

From her I also developed my Pollyanna attitude that the "glass is half full".  I always make my bed in the morning, leave the kitchen clean every evening with all dishes washed and put away; and, the house is totally clean for the New Year.

She was a baker - as am I, she taught me to iron and it is something I still do every week; and the love of dancing at a party.

I am because she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment