Friday, November 14, 2014

Preparing


It has been over 42 years since I have cooked a Thanksgiving dinner - and I need to do so this year.

Luckily there will only probably 5 or 6 of us for dinner and only 4 of us who will eat turkey; therefore, I will make a turkey breast instead of an entire turkey.  Also, Carrie has offered to make the vegetables leaving me to focus on mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn bread, stuffing and desserts.

I need to finalize everything, get my grocery list together and then put together my timeline for cooking everything.  

I started getting myself set by ordering my turkey breast yesterday at the grocery store. It is an 8 pound turkey breast which I will pick up the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  I have an Ina Gartner recipe for it and I am actually looking forward to making it.

There is a first for everything and this will be my first and a start to a new tradition in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment