Sunday, September 9, 2012

Last Two Weeks - Family


Let me give you a recap of what has been going on for the last two weeks in me and my family’s life. My cousin and his wife are now in Delaware – we made the move on Labor Day weekend and I am glad to report that both of them are acclimating nicely to their surroundings. My cousin’s wife, Eilish is in a Nursing Home in Delaware and she did extremely well during the drive from New York to Delaware in an ambulette. She is smiling and enjoying the music and entertainment that they offer at the Home – that is all we can ask for.

Gerry is renting an apartment in Dewey Beach until Siobhan and Matt’s home is built by the end of the year. Although the street below his window was very busy last weekend and we could hear the people from the various bars – on Tuesday it became very quiet. The summer season is over and Dewey Beach which for the summer time is busy with the single young 20 year olds now has become a quiet town with cars going from Rehoboth Beach to Bethany Beach or Ocean City. What Gerry did notice was that by Wednesday many stores had closed – not to open until next summer.

Now that we have that done – we are preparing the house in New York to be placed on the market. We got much done this week – the entire downstairs floor is clean and staged to have pictures taken for posting. Siobhan will take the pictures. This week we will tackle the garage so that it is sectioned into an area to place boxes that have been packed and marked to go to Delaware, a section for items for donation and a section for garbage. We will then clean and stage the upstairs. The goal is to have this completed by next weekend so that the house can be listed then.


I am hoping that someone can see what a great house it is, the room that is there and will have wonderful memories in it as we have had for the past 29 years.


By having completed everything next weekend I can focus on getting my house clean and decorated for autumn with my numerous and multi-colored pumpkins. I am looking forward to selecting a date that Gerard, the boys and I will go apple picking. Perhaps we can do that before we visit Gerry for Columbus Day and I can bake an apple cake to take with us. So as you can see we are coping with the changes happening in the family.

Work has been wonderful and busy. We have an Executive event that we are supporting almost every week. We have been deploying web ex and MOVI accounts on a daily basis and we (my team and I) are working on an “All Hands” meeting that my boss will be conducting for his department. We have grown 50% over the past year and are located in three different cities; it has come down to we do not know each other so this would be a wonderful opportunity to meet each other, understand the strategies for the next year and to understand the transformation of our organization.


The Visual Communications Industry Group conference is coming along. We have all the logistics completed, the concurrent sessions set and almost all the panel speakers. Now to promote the HECK out of it so that we have attendees in the seats. To that effort I will be doing many postings in Linkedin for every group that I belong to.

That has been my life for the last two weeks in a nutshell, no I didn’t have children to get off to school or college and I didn’t spend Labor Day weekend at the beach; although, technically I was at a beach town and I did not do anything extreme like kayaking or zip lining.




What I did was more important – I was with my family helping them start on their new adventures. Remember, family accepts and loves you with all your warts and idiosyncrasies.

No comments:

Post a Comment