Sunday, May 20, 2012

Enjoy the Pain as There is a Gain


This week two things to discuss; first whoever said that weekends were to relax, kick back and not do anything??? And the other is who ever said that pain wasn’t good.

Let’s start with weekends were to relax, kick back and not do anything. That isn’t my weekend – this weekend was all about getting my exercise classes in (aqua aerobics and Zumba) then doing some shopping and errands. I have a wedding to go to on July 1st – it starts at 11:15 and I am in a quandary as to what to wear. I finally found a dress that I loved; but, lo and behold not in my size at the store – run home go on line and they do not have it anywhere; BUT, they did have another style. My dilemma; is it too dressy for a Sunday early afternoon wedding as the bottom is a black lace overlay?


Sent the picture to my niece who says to me – no, it isn’t. Well, today Sunday there is an on-line sale and I ordered the dress and it is 25% less – yeah, nice deal. So I was able to go to DSW and get shoes that would look lovely with the dress.

Having that completed is a big relief. So I was able to do all the other shopping /errands that are part of my routine. To Hallmark’s for birthday cards, to Pier 1 for something to place on my dining room table, to the cleaners to drop off a pair of pants to have hemmed and to pick up the dry cleaning; and, lastly the grocery store. Oh wait, did I forget to mention to Home Depot to pick up some more flowers for my backyard?

Yesterday after doing Abby’s aqua class for an hour I come home to remove a lavender bush from my back patio. I loved that bush especially the scent that it gave while the flowers were blossoming; but, this year only half the bush blossomed and not that well. I thought maybe it had to do with the little rain we had in April and then the extreme heat; but, as I started to prune it yesterday to remove it I realized that it was primarily DEAD. I tried to be smart about things by pruning the twigs back so I wouldn’t poke an eye out with them when I went to pull up the stump. I pulled it up and tilled the area for the four hydrangea plants I bought.


What a bargain – the same hydrangea plants were $12.99 last week and I got them for $2.99. SCORE!!! I planted them they are purple and pink and I cannot wait for them to continue to grow. I also re-potted several plants – well I was full of dirt and sweat from my neck down to my feet. I even had sweat pouring into my eyes and I could taste the salt of my sweat in my mouth. At 6PM yesterday I walked myself into the shower with my water shoes and showered from head to foot.

I must be a glutton for punishment as today after exercise class and errands I went ahead and re-potted two plants that stay in the house. But that isn’t enough because I am doing a couple of loads of laundry, ironed my clothes for the week at work, watered the plants outside as it is over 80 degrees and my back yard gets all the afternoon sun.


But I am thinking that next weekend, the unofficial start of summer I will be able to lie on my chaise lounge, read a book, get a tan and have a nice cool glass of lemonade. So as they say, “no pain, no gain” and this weekend I certainly am sporting my aches; and pains from my exercise classes and from my physical labor.

So after all that there is something called “good pain” when you can see and reap the rewards of your hard work, not only physically; but, also from the beauty that you create.




Reap the rewards of your pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment